Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Summer and Welcome class of 2015!

I have included some comments.  In parenthesis are the # of times the comment was repeated.  Read through them and leave a comment to prove you we here.  By the way- check out the lectures, songs and links while you're here.

Here are the comments of students from this year:

  • Focus!(6) Don't get distracted by self-doubt.  Have confidence.(3)  You can learn to pass this test if you listen to Mr. Parker.(12)
  • Take good notes! (9) Color code your red lines!  Remember trash in, trash out! (2) Try your best and always do one hour of homework.(21)
  • The class is great.  (6) Take practice tests and buy the AP book.
  • Answer the Prompt.  Prepare early.(3)
  • Get ready to work you get what you put in.(8)
  • Don't be lazy, don't procrastinate.(13) Don't loose your notes.
  • Don't be too hard or too easy on yourself.
  • Discuss the red lines in your groups.(2)
  • Ask questions (7) and look up information on your own time.
  • Learn the songs! (4)
  • Don't give up.  (3) This a hard class but it's fun.(2)
  • When you have a project due, don't wait until the last minute to start it.
  • Make sure you speak up!  Participate.
  • If you do your work you will pass.  Be organized
  • It is really fun, don't get on Mr. Parker's bad side, and don't worry.
  • You need to be on top of this class from day 1.
and my favorite:
  • Listen!  Mr Parker always seems to be right.  (He is an AP Genius.)  Summaries and Red Lines are the most important!  Study and brief for the AP Test all year.  Just studying a week or two in advance will not help.  
I am looking forward to hearing from all of you!  Enjoy Summer!
Peace,
Mr. Parker

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that obvious advice >_<
-Pete

Unknown said...

This class sounds surprisingly fun and worth the work. I'm actually starting to look forward to it!

Oscar Mora said...

The advice seems very useful. I am looking forward to what this class has in store for the year. -Oscar Mora

adam bigham said...

this will be very,very interesting. lets see how it plays out! -Adam Bigham49istransc

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great advice, this class sounds like it's gonna be very interesting. -Hannah Ahearn

william samples said...

It seems as if everybody is saying to do the same thing. I might as well listen and do as I'm told.

Jared Diamond said that the answer to EVERYTHING was geography. I hope he's wrong.

Unknown said...

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Unknown said...

Advice is very helpful. Can't wait till class starts -Caroline Garcia

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."(Henry Ford)The best way to look at this year is with a positive attitude, at least, thats how I see it. See you in August!

Unknown said...

I appreciate the advice to not procastinate, I like to get things done ahead of time. I sure look forward to this class

Unknown said...

This is great advice, I'm looking forward to this class.

Unknown said...

Sounds like its going to be a challenging class. Im sure it will be worth it. I can't wait to start!- Kylie Orlando

Unknown said...

I'm commenting because the paper told me to do so. So yah. "comment" Thanks

Unknown said...

not procrastinating, and organizing...

Unknown said...

The advice was very helpful. I know it's going to take lots of hard work but I am ready, and I am looking forward to this class. -Bianca Salas

Vanesa Vasquez said...

This class seems like it's going to be really fun. I'm looking forward to this class.

Unknown said...

This class sounds fun. I'm looking forward to it. -Desirae Garcia

Unknown said...

The Advice Is Really Helpful . - Denise Garcia

Unknown said...

I am looking forward for this class and its sound like fun.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the advice. Um looking forward to this class.
-Jazmin Figueroa

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great advice. I hope that with the effort I put in and the advice I will do well in the class.

Unknown said...

The advice is pretty obivous of what he expects from students. Kinda scared... But I will try my best in this class, good luck to everyone!

Unknown said...

All of the advice is very useful and I am looking forward to class.

Vanessa Lopez said...

Actually looking for to this class! Thanks for the advice!

Unknown said...

excited for he class but not sure about the singing part

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to this class.
-Aimee.

Unknown said...

Barely learned figuredd out how to usee this thinqq !! bt hello :)
-victoria aka vickie

Unknown said...

this class seems challenging and fun, everyones advise was helpful -Abigail

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this class it seems enticing especially with the help of this advice, can't wait-Jonathan Huaracha

Unknown said...

Looking forward to this class with Mr Parker, the past blogs by students will be very helpful.
Demelza Perez