Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Welcome!




I have included some comments.  In parenthesis are the # of times the comment was repeated.  Read through them and leave a comment to prove you we here.  By the way- check out the lectures, songs and links while you're here.

Here are the comments of students from this year:

  • Focus!(6) Don't get distracted by self-doubt.  Have confidence.(3)  You can learn to pass this test if you listen to Mr. Parker.(12)
  • Take good notes! (9) Color code your red lines!  Remember trash in, trash out! (2) Try your best and always do one hour of homework.(21)
  • The class is great.  (6) Take practice tests and buy the AP book.
  • Answer the Prompt.  Prepare early.(3)
  • Get ready to work you get what you put in.(8)
  • Don't be lazy, don't procrastinate.(13) Don't loose your notes.
  • Don't be too hard or too easy on yourself.
  • Discuss the red lines in your groups.(2)
  • Ask questions (7) and look up information on your own time.
  • Learn the songs! (4)
  • Don't give up.  (3) This a hard class but it's fun.(2)
  • When you have a project due, don't wait until the last minute to start it.
  • Make sure you speak up!  Participate.
  • If you do your work you will pass.  Be organized
  • It is really fun, don't get on Mr. Parker's bad side, and don't worry.
  • You need to be on top of this class from day 1.
and my favorite:
  • Listen!  Mr Parker always seems to be right.  (He is an AP Genius.)  Summaries and Red Lines are the most important!  Study and brief for the AP Test all year.  Just studying a week or two in advance will not help.  
I am looking forward to hearing from all of you!  Enjoy Summer!
Peace,
Mr. Parker

40 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like good advice

Unknown said...

Thank you for the advice, I'll try my best!

Unknown said...

thanks for the advice it seems very useful

Unknown said...

This class sounds hard,but ill try my best.

Anonymous said...

It seems like its going to be a hard class but worth it .

Unknown said...

thanks for the advice.

Unknown said...

I CANNOT WAIT! I am so excited for this coming year and I can't wait to use all the advice and be the best student I can be! -Sam Perez

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to everything we will be learning!

santos calderon said...

cant wait to learn!

Unknown said...

This class seems difficult, but fabulous at the same time. Brilliant.

Unknown said...

This class with take a great deal of work but with this heap of advice, I'm sure I'll do a fine job.
- Maria Politron

Unknown said...

I can't wait. Thanks for the advice. This class sounds challenging and fun at the same time. We are a step closer to our graduation! So exited.

Unknown said...

I appreciate this fabulous advice, this class seems difficult yet enjoyable. I look forward to learning and being fantastic. Stay fabulous Mr. Parker

Unknown said...

Good advice, looking forward to the class

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice, and this class seems like the only one that will really challenge us, can't wait for it to start

Unknown said...

WOOHOO! this sounds like AP! I will definitely take all the advice given to me to consideration! Thanks for the advice by the way!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to always try my best

Unknown said...

Sounds like good advice. I'll try my best

Fernanda Renteria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maritza soria said...

Sounds like a class worth taking and thanks for the quick pointers.
-maritza soria

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this class. I heard its a fast past class but it prepares you well for your future AP classes.

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this class it seems interesting especially with the help of this advice, can't wait.

Unknown said...

I will definetly use the advice cant wait to start this class

Unknown said...

Am I the last person to do this? Anyway, this is sound advice for just about any class. I'm eager to start, can't wait to learn...

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm looking forward to the class.

Kristina Echevarria said...

YAY ! nervous yet excited to start this classs. Thanks for the advice. I'm sure it will help.

Unknown said...

I think I know what I need to do to pass this class. Thanks for the advice

Leah Rodriguez said...

I'm actually really excited to take AP World History now after reading this advice. It shall be a magical year guys.

Unknown said...

thanks,peachy advice

Unknown said...

Can't wait to actually learn this year! LET'S DO THIS!!!

-Sachi

Unknown said...

Yay I can't wait for school

Unknown said...

sweet words of wisdom see you tomorrow, parker!

Unknown said...

"Don't be lazy, don't procrastinate."
Yea i have to work on this and see you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Hopefully I'm not too late, I forgot about this because it was the easiest thing to.

Unknown said...

I took half a year of world history and I am looking forward to learning about our histories past.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Unknown said...

This is very helpful advice thank you very much

Owen Ibarra said...

Cant wait for this year and all the stuff well be doing!!! hope this class will be okay

Owen Ibarra said...

that unknown person is owen ibarra i dont know why it says unknown

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pionters!Looking forward to this challenge.