Sunday, August 31, 2008

Extra Credit Points

Alright! Thanks for responding and here are the extra credit points:

Eujean gets 25 EC points!
He pointed out similaities between Gilgamesh and The Great Flood, evil serpents, demons, immortality, Ishtar and Aphrodite.

Rebecca gets 10 points for the similarities between gods messing with men and 1/2 gods.

Karen gets 10 EC points for Herculean quests and polytheism.

Way to go! I'll leave the offer out there but I'll reduce the points to two (2) Extra Credit points per original similarity between Gilgamesh and any other religion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

PARKER!
how often will you be posting E.C?
I'm gonna start logging on a lot more for that.
okay thanks.

and you're still cool!=]

-katie DECKELMAAAN.

Cosmic Faultline said...

you should be careful of what you type! xD
you said to compare Gilgamesh to ANY religion. you know where I'm going with this, right?

xD
now if only I could find some similarities between Gilgamesh and Pastafarianism...
you're lucky I can't think of any...
I totally would have called you on that.

hehehehe.
maybe after we finish reading the book I'll come up with something.

Mr. Parker said...

That's right Courney- Any religion. Bring it on!!!

Katie if Extra Credit points are what it takes to get you to log in, then that's what I'll do!

Peace,
Mr. Parker

x_melissa. said...

I think I found one.

Okayy, so at the part when Gilgamesh walks through the
dark place for like 12 somethings...

and when he comes out, it's like
a symbol of rebirth which connects to the idea of reincanation in Hinduism and Buddhism.

And when Enkidu suffered died
a shamful death, it was kind
of like karma since he helped Gilgamesh fight and kill Humbaba.
And karma is also from Hinduism.

I also noticed that these guys keep washing themselves and like pouring honey on themselves or
something. I think I might be wrong about the honey. lol.
and I think I can relate that
to how Catholics or Christians use
water for like Baptisms.

There's another connection between this book and Hinduism. In the book they believe in many gods like in the religion, Hinduism.

And I think that's it for now...